Gnome Games Green Bay West is excited to host a special pre-release event for Final Fantasy Opus XI, the next release for the Final Fantasy Trading Card Game. This is a great opportunity to try out the cards from this latest set and see all the great artwork that Final Fantasy is known for! This will be a sealed event. Each player will get 9 Opus XI booster packs, and exclusive Foil Promo Card, and an exclusive Pack of sleeves!
Gnome Games Green Bay West
Saturday March 21st, 2019
We hope that you are all ready to rumb…shuffle in 2020 with OPUS XI – Soldier’s Return!
This new expansion will feature great Final Fantasy VII characters, splendid artwork as well as a brand new mechanic using card counters. While the release is still a couple months away, we wanted to start sharing the excitement with the contents of the pre-release kit!
Never played a pre-release before? Pre-releases are super fun, casual events, where you can play with the new cards before they are released! There are a few special rules so here is a little list about the pre-release format and special rules that apply!
- Decks must contain at least 40 cards (40 to 41 cards recommended).
- Victory is attained by inflicting 6 points of damage instead of the usual 7.
- Players can have more than three copies of the same card in their deck.
Flow of the game:
- Each player should open their 9 boosters to create their “card pool”.*
- They should then build a deck using only the cards in their “card pool”.
- Players should then participate in the tournament using the decks they have built.
*Due to the nature of the format, it is not permitted to use the pre-release promotional card included in the kit as part of the deck.
Thinking about getting a full booster display of Opus XI? Stop in to any Gnome Games store before March 20th to pre-order a display for the special pre-order price of $110 plus tax! This great new set will be available March 27th.