Gnome Games Code of Conduct
All staff, players, spectators, customers and visitors are expected to conduct themselves in a way that ensures all participants, customers, spectators and staff enjoy themselves as much as possible. It’s all about fun for everyone!
Safety for the Gnome Games Staff and Customers is topmost of our concerns at all times.
The Play Safe requirements may change as environmental factors change – and we will keep the latest information posted here as well as at the entry to all stores.
- Stay home if you are sick or not feeling well. Gnome Games will continue home delivery and curbside pickup
- Masks are Required if you aren’t vaccinated completely
- Masks are Not Required if you’ve been vaccinated and your post vaccination wait period is complete
- Maintain appropriate social distancing
- Wash your hands!
- Play with cohorts (friends)
- Seating limits are in place for in store play at all of our locations
- No outside food or beverages are allowed
The following are not tolerated:
Foul or Abusive Language – this will not be tolerated at any Gnome Games® hosted event. You may be expelled from any event without prizes at the sole discretion of Gnome Games® staff for any derogatory, abusive, or foul language.
- Bullying – including hazing, discriminatory or derogatory language, comments or activities will not be tolerated at any level.
- Theft ‐ of any property is not tolerated and will result in a minimum of a 30 day banning and a report to local law enforcement and sanctioning body for all events.
- Improper Attire –Wearing of obscene, demeaning, or overly revealing attire is not allowed. You may be asked to leave if you are wearing anything that we believe to be inappropriate.
- Poor Personal Hygiene – If you haven’t taken a shower or washed your clothes in a while we may ask you to leave and do so.
- No Carry In Food or Drink ‐ No carry in beverages of any sort are allowed at our events.
- No Drugs or Alcohol – in or out of your person. Anyone caught with illegal drugs at a Gnome Games® event including parking lots or other venues may receive a life‐time ban on the first offense.
- No Weapons – Gnome Games ® prohibits the of concealed weapons by all persons other than law enforcement officers and Gnome Games® staff.
Gnome Games® reserves the right to ask anyone to leave at any time without compensation or prizes and may at our sole discretion prohibit you from future events should you violate any portion the Gnome Games® Code of Conduct.
Gnome Games Expectations
Gnome Games® offers a wide variety of games and play opportunities that are enjoyed for social interactions, complex strategies, entertaining characters, and an overall atmosphere of friendly competition.
While the objective many of our events is to determine the skill level of each player involved, our ultimate goal is to ensure that every participant, spectator and customer has fun in a safe and pleasant setting.
The following are expected from all players, customers, spectators and staff:
- Fairness: Games cease to be fun when players break the rules to achieve victory. Taking advantage of inexperienced players, other customers or Gnome Games® events and venues for personal gain will not be tolerated.
- Honesty: Players of any game should strive to act honestly while playing that game. Observing an illegal activity and not reporting it immediately to Gnome Games® Staff is a violation of the Gnome Games® Code of Conduct.
- Respect: Players, spectators, customers, staff and property should be treated with the same respect that players would expect for themselves and their property.
- Distracting an opponent or a judge to gain advantage shows disrespect to everyone involved in an event.
- Promotion of other business is disrespectful of community and business of Gnome Games®.
- Carry in food, beverages is disrespectful to the venues we host events in.
- Theft is disrespectful of personal property and will not be tolerated at any level.
- Sportsmanship: Winning or losing with grace is vital to the enjoyment of any game. Demeaning, disrespectful comments, or actions before, during or after a game indicate poor sportsmanship and will not be tolerated.
- Learning: Discussing strategies, offering tips, or constructively critiquing game play decisions after a match has been completed helps both participants to become better players.
- Teaching: A new player to play and providing other players with a positive experience are the most valuable things any person can provide to our community.
We greatly appreciate your support in our efforts to make Gnome Games®, the communities we serve and he events we run safe, fun experiences for all.