Warhammer 40K Tournament 1000 Point Rules
Gnome Games hosts 1000 Point Warhammer 40K Tournaments monthly. Here are the rules we play by
Warhammer 40K Tournament Rules for 1000 Point Tournaments at Gnome Games. We have a focus on fun, camaraderie and good sportsmanship in support of the hobby. We reserve the right to adjust these rules at any time for any reason. Specific event rules may supersede these rules.
1000 pt Army Selection
- 1000 point armies. Army must follow all restrictions for army selection from its own Codex. Only the main army list may be used, so no appendix lists are permitted.
- 2 detachments maximum
- Only armies from current Codices or officially approved White Dwarf articles may be taken.
- Players must use the same army and list for the entire event.
All models must accurately represent the appropriate army selection in a manner that your opponent can clearly tell what the unit is and how it is equipped without being told. Models must be correctly modeled with Games Workshop miniatures, bitz or converted from primarily GW parts (roughly 80%). Other modeling parts and raw materials are allowed, but not as the primary basis of the models.
- Forge World Modes are allowed.
- Lords of War are not allowed unless specified by the event.
Painting and Basing
- All models must be based properly
- Painting by 3. Miniatures must be painted to the 3 color minimum standard by the 3rd event a player plays in.
The only exception to this is a 1 event exception for a new army or unit purchased from Gnome Games 30 days or less prior to the event.
Players are responsible for bringing all materials necessary to play. This includes:
Players are also responsible for conducting themselves in an appropriate, sportsmanlike manner at all times.
Gnome Games uses official GW FAQs. Please contact email@example.com with any questions not covered by this FAQ prior to the tournament. All disputes not covered by the FAQ are ruled by the Tournament Judge during the event. All judge rulings are final.
The Warhammer 40,000 Latest Edition Rules and all relevant Official Games Workshop Errata and FAQs will be used. In the case of a conflict between printed and digital versions, the most recent update or FAQ will take precedence.
Gnome Games Warhammer 40,000 tournament format are as follows:
- Swiss style pairing by compared player scores based on victory points.
- (1000pt rounds are 90 Minutes)
- Round 1Matches
- Round 2 Matches
- Round 3 Matches
- Prizes and Awards
WARHAMMER 40K TOURNAMENT GAME SETUP
At the start of the tournament, the judge randomly assigns the Seize Ground, Capture & Control and Annihilation missions to each round. No two missions are used twice. All matches use the same mission.
- Table Setup: Terrain is set-up at the tables prior to the start of the event. Players agree how terrain is ruled and will affect the game.
- Mission Setup 1000 pt: Set up the mission as detailed in the Warhammer 40,000 rule book.
- Deployment: Determine who goes first and table edges, then deploy as the mission dictates.
- Seize the Initiative: Roll “Seize the Initiative”.
Scoring Warhammer 40,000 Tournament Games
- Victory Points: Use rules for victory points (WH40k p.300). Total victory points as normal, then divide this total by half and round up.
VP Modifiers (1000 pt only): Then modify both players base victory point scores as follows:
- +200 victory points if you won the mission.
- Determine Winner: The final total is your victory points and is the score reported to the judge.