Used Puzzle Swap at Gnome Games
All Gnome Games stores feature a Puzzle Swap section, full of gently used puzzles at great prices. Puzzle Swap puzzles are sold on a consignment basis. Each item (or set of items) has an accompanying condition report, completed by the seller, full of helpful information about the games’ condition and completeness. Visit the Gnomes and see what’s new! – they change all the time!
Want to Swap your Puzzles for Gnome Gold at Gnome Games? Read on!
- We are currently accepting used puzzles at all of the Gnome Games stores. Currently Board Games, RPG Books, Miniatures, novels, toys, dice, and collectibles are currently not being accepted. We are refining the process with puzzles and expect Used Games to be added March 1st!
- A seller is limited to five items for sale in our Puzzle Swap section, per store.
- The seller must complete a Gnome Games Used Game Submission Form(or you can use this fillable form that you can complete and print ahead of time) for each item sold. You can download this form and bring it in, or we will have copies available at the store. The same form is used for all Gnome Games locations. The seller is expected to be honest about the condition of their item. Gnome Games staff will review the Submission Form and suggest changes if we deem them appropriate. These forms are available to view by potential buyers.
- The seller determines a single asking price for the item. We require that your item is given a minimum price of $5.00. Please mark your sale price in whole dollars if possible (but this is not required). This price will be non-negotiable and Gnome Games will only sell that item at that price. We will not break up item sets.
- Upon submission, within a reasonable amount of time, Gnome Games staff will prepare the used game for sale. We will attach a Used Game Sale Sticker (Post-It note adhesive only) to the item and shrink wrap the item before shelving. This note includes the asking price of the puzzle or game and a summary of the Submission Form condition report.
- Once shelved, an item will be given at least 60 days to sell. After that time, Gnome Games may ask that the seller take the item back. An unsold item may not be submitted for sale again for at least another 60 days.
- Upon the sale of an item, the buyer will be given 3 days to return the item if he or she does not agree with the Submission Form condition report. This is the only condition under which we will accept a used game return. Puzzles are not returnable.
- Three days after the sale (or as soon as possible), the seller will receive a store credit for 70% of the asking price of the item, as submitted by the seller. Gnome Games will process any Wisconsin Sales Tax associated with the purchase. All store credit will be given in the form of a Gnome Gold reloadable Gift Card – that may be used for any purchase at any Gnome Games store.
- Items may not be transferred between stores. An item submitted at a location spends its entire “sales cycle” at that store.
- Gnome Games has the right to refuse to accept any item due to demand, condition, appropriateness, existing copies already for sale, or any other reason.
- A Used Puzzle or Game is sold on consignment and remains the property of the original owner until such a time as it sells or is removed from circulation.
- For items that do not sell, the seller has 30 days to pick up the item after being notified. After this 30 day period, items are considered abandoned and become the property of Gnome Games. Please contact us if you require extra time.
- Gnome Games does not purchase used games for resale.
- Gnome Games will assume responsibility for the care of item while in our possession.
COVID Puzzle Swap Operations
All used puzzles and games will be held for a minimum of 3 days ‘quarantine’ before being processed by the Gnome Games staff.
Help us keep the Gnomes safe!
- Sellers are highly encouraged to have their paperwork completed and ready to go before they come in.
- Sellers are encouraged to wipe down their items with disinfecting wipes before bringing them in. Of course, exceptions can be made if this will affect the condition of the item.
- We will have a station in the game room where you can fill out paperwork if you did not bring your own. Please apply hand sanitizer before you begin.
- When you enter with your puzzles or games, let the a Gnome know, and you will be directed to an area where you can place your games and paperwork.
- Please place your items on the table that is specifically labeled “Place Used Items Here” and nowhere else.
- We will not be signing your paperwork upon submission. Our acceptance of your games and paperwork is our agreement to abide by the program. We will contact you if there are issues.
- After a section’s quarantine period has passed, we will process the games as usual and place them on the Used Game shelves where they can be shopped as normal.
- Everything else about the program will remain the same, including the five-item limit.