A Gnome Games Retail Sales Associate is responsible for every aspect of customer interaction in our retail setting including, greeting, assisting with product selection, accurately processing sales transactions, answering telephone inquiries, responding to customer emails and social media messages, taking special orders and maintaining the physical appearance of the retail store.
Gnome Games Retail Sales Associates are encouraged to develop knowledge and sales skills to be selected based on interest and aptitude as Product Champions or Ambassadors for a specific line within the business such as, Miniatures, Collectible Cards, Games Workshop Brands, Childrens Board Games, etc.
Gnome Games utilizes Quickbooks Point of Sale, Homebase Scheduling, Microsoft Office Suite, Square POS, TikTok, Facebook, Messenger, Gmail, Skype, Instagram, Twitter, Discord, Wizards Eventlink. Konami Tournament Software (KTS), and Pokemon TOM, preference will be given to candidates with proven experience in these programs.
As a Retail Gnome, you will be responsible for all aspects of customer service in our store, including: greeting customers in a timely manner, establishing the customers needs or wants, offering solutions to meet their needs, making the sale accurately, and informing customer of any upcoming related products we will have.
Retail Gnomes also are responsible for maintaining a safe, clean and organized environment for coworkers and guests. Depending on interest and aptitude, Retail Gnomes may become product champions, judges or specialists at their particular hobby game. This position is a critical piece of Gnome Games business success.
- Must be punctual and have reliable transportation
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be legally able to work in the USA
- Be able to pass a background and drug screening check
- Physically be able to lift and carry 40lbs, stand for up to 4hrs, reach, twist, bend, push, pull, squat, grasp, walk climb a ladder.
- Have corrected vision of at least 20/20
- Be able to communicate politely and clearly in both verbal and written manner
- Ability to adapt and change tasks as needed
- Ability to adjust to ever-changing priorities in a fast paced family friendly, customer oriented retail sales environment
- Maintain a Professional, clean and neat appearance
- Willingness to learn new technology and share knowledge with co-workers
- Must maintain a positive attitude
- Must understand and present Gnome Games customers the concepts of fair play and mom-friendly in a pleasant, respectful manner at all times
- Common sense approach to problem solving
Hours and Shift Expectations
These positions are part time at the Gnome Games Appleton location. Exemplary staff may be offered full time positions based on performance, attitude and availability.
Shifts vary from 4 to 8 hours. We are open daily during the following hours:
Mon through Sat 10 AM to 8 PM. Sun Noon to 5. Weekend shifts are part of all positions.
Compensation and Benefits
Gnome Games offers uniforms, employee discount, matched 401K, earned paid vacation. Competitive wages are based upon experience ranging $12 – $15 per hour with increases based on performance, specialty skill development and level of responsibility.