Magic Commander League at Gnome Games Green Bay West
Commander is a Magic:The Gathering format which emphasises multiplayer play, social interactions, interesting games, and creative deckbuilding.Gnome Games hosts a free casual, social Magic Commander League every Monday night at Gnome Games Green Bay West.
Players are encouraged to bring fun to play decks and just play.
Remember to check in with Gnome Games staff when you arrive to play Commander League. Players will be able to select a promo card each month based on how many Commander League Nights they played in during the previous month. The more you play, the deeper you get to go into the Gnome Games Commander League Reward Binder.
Commander Deck Construction Rules
- Players choose a legendary creature as the “Commander” for their deck.
- A card’s colour identity is its colour plus the colour of any mana symbols in the card’s rules text. A card’s colour identity is established before the game begins, and cannot be changed by game effects.
- Cards in a deck may not have any colours in their color identity which are not shared with the commander of the deck. (The identity of each card in the deck must be a subset of the Commander’s)
- A Commander deck must contain exactly 100 cards, including the Commander.
- With the exception of basic lands, no two cards in the deck may have the same english name. Some cards (e.g. Relentless Rats) may have rules text that overrides this restriction.
- 2–6 players
- Free-for-all multiplayer format
- Start with 40 life
- All commanders start in their command zone
- Take turns in clockwise order
- Last player standing wins
For more information about the Commander Format visit http://mtgcommander.com